Putin's anger - after Ukrainian attacks
According to Vladimir Putin, a student dormitory was hit - and now he promises revenge.
- It was not an accident, says the Russian president.
On Thursday, Ukraine stated that they had attacked the headquarters of the Russian security service FSB in the city of Kherson, which was occupied by Russia. According to the country's President Volodymyr Zelenskyj, 100 "Russian occupiers" had been killed or injured.
The Russian military has not commented on the information. However, a pro-Russian Telegram channel reported "losses" after what was described as a "massive drone attack", writes the BBC.
During the night of Friday, Ukraine again attacked a Russian-occupied area, in the city of Starobilsk in the Luhansk region. Six people were killed, 39 people were injured and another 15 people are reported missing, according to the BBC.
Putin promises revenge
According to the Ukrainian military, the target was the headquarters of Russia's elite Rubicon force, which Ukraine says regularly attacks civilians and civilian infrastructure in the country with drones.
But Vladimir Putin claims that this is a lie. According to the Russian president, it was a student dormitory that was attacked, and now Putin has promised revenge.
- There are no military facilities, intelligence buildings or the like in the area, Vladimir Putin said during a reception in the Kremlin on Friday, according to the BBC.
- Therefore, there is no basis to say that the building was hit because of our air defense or our electronic warfare systems.
Showed student on TV
According to Putin, the attack was carried out in three waves, with a total of 16 drones. A 19-year-old named Diana Shovkun was shown on Russian state television and was said to be one of the injured students.
According to the television channel, she had suffered head injuries after being hit by a falling concrete slab. However, no pictures of the people who were said to have died were shown.
Putin has ordered the Russian military to come up with proposals on how the country can strike back. He calls Ukraine’s latest attack a terrorist attack, reports the independent Russian news site Meduza.
“In such cases, it is impossible to limit oneself to a statement from the Foreign Ministry,” Putin said on Friday, writes Meduza.
“Sleeping children”
According to Leonid Pasechnik, the governor of the occupation regime in Luhansk, Ukrainian forces had “targeted sleeping, defenseless children,” writes Meduza. The report was neither responded to by Ukraine nor independently confirmed.
Since the full-scale invasion began in 2022, Ukraine has repeatedly accused the Russian military of deliberately targeting civilians – something Moscow has regularly denied.
Last week, Ukrainian authorities said 24 people were killed – including three girls – when a Russian missile hit a high-rise area in the capital Kiev, destroying an apartment building.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar