fredag 22 mars 2024

Princess Kate: "I have cancer"

Princess Kate

Kate breaks the silence: Has cancer

Nelly Kronstrand

Published 2024-03-22 19.00

For several months, there has been speculation about Kate's condition.

Now the British princess announces that she has been diagnosed with cancer.

- It has been an extremely tough few months for our whole family, she says

In mid-January, Princess Catherine, 42, also known as Kate, underwent stomach surgery.

Since then, rumors and gossip have spread on social media about her well-being.

Now Kate breaks the silence - and tells us that she has been affected by cancer.

"This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have done everything we can to process and deal with this privately for the sake of our family," she said in a video on social media.


Prinsessan Kate här tillsammans med maken prins William.
Princess Kate here with husband Prince William. Photo: Chris Jackson/AP

When Kate underwent the stomach operation, it was not thought to be cancer. But after tests were done, she was diagnosed.

In the video, Kate sits on a park bench in the garden of Windsor Castle. She says that it took time for her and husband Prince William to process the diagnosis.

And that the royal couple tried to find a suitable way to tell their three children together about the disease.

- It has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is suitable for them, and to reassure them that I will be fine.

- I feel well and I am getting stronger with each passing day.

Kate does not say what type of cancer she has - but says that she has started chemotherapy.

- My job has always brought me a lot of joy, and I look forward to coming back when I can. But now I have to focus on my recovery.

She concludes by saying:

- Now I think of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For anyone facing this disease, in whatever form, don't lose faith or hope. You're not alone.

In February, the British royal house announced that King Charles, 75, had been diagnosed with cancer. The disease was discovered in connection with the king's examination of his enlarged prostate.

In a comment via Buckingham Palace, Charles says he has been in "close contact" with Kate in recent weeks.

- I am proud of Kate, of her courage to tell the story the way she does.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar