fredag 26 juli 2024

Created hysteria in Paris: 'Can die now'


Summer Olympics 2024
Snoop Dogg hysteria: "Can die happy now"

Linn Nordström,

Anna Rydén

Updated 15.07 | Published 14.43


PARIS. Drop It Like It's Hot?

No, Snoop Dogg held tight to the Olympic torch.

- Now I can die happy, says Doucoure Binta in the middle of the crowd.

On Friday evening, the Olympic flame will reach its final destination after traveling around France since May 8.

On the last stage, the American artist Snoop Dogg was given responsibility to carry the torch for one of the stretches in the vulnerable Saint-Denis district. Hundreds of fans had gathered hoping to catch a glimpse of the artist.

- I've been listening to Snoop for thirty years, that's why I'm here, says Doucoure Binta.

There was a lot of secrecy surrounding where and when on the several kilometer stretch the performer, who will commentate during NBC's Olympic broadcasts, would be.

For safety reasons, there were no times indicated anywhere, which resulted in running crowds trying to catch up and figure out the fastest route despite all the roadblocks.


Photo: Aurelien Morissard / AP

"The best day of the life"

But finally at the Stade de France, Snoop Dogg was ready to take over the fire.

Snoop walked with the torch held high, a big smile and of course did a few dance steps. The artist was greeted by a screaming crowd as he descended a flight of stairs and waved to his fans who shouted his name.

One of the happiest in attendance was the loyal fan Doucoure Binta.

- I love him, I saw him and I'm so happy, says Binta with a big smile.

What du you like most about him ?

- His personality, he has a cool vibe. It's the best day, now I can die happy. My dream was to see Snoop and now it has come true. It was very important for me, after listening to him for thirty years, to finally see him. I never thought I would see him in my lifetime.

"We are all gathered here"

When Doucoure Binta isn't chasing Snoop, she's a chemistry teacher and runs an association for few women in sports in Paris.

- Sports are very important. We are all gathered here now, everyone is here. Dark skinned, white, Chinese and we are so happy that sport brings us together. The Olympics are a challenge but we are very happy that the Games are here, says Doucoure Binta.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar