Jens Stoltenberg, archive photo. Astrid Pedersen / NTB
The Russian invasion|The response of the outside world
Stoltenberg's colleague believes Ukraine may have to give up ground - Kyiv: "Unacceptable"
Ukraine rages against NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg's chief of staff Stian Jenssen. This
after he said at a panel discussion that a possible solution to the war
is for Kyiv to give up territory in exchange for Ukraine becoming a
member of the defense alliance, according to VG.
Stian
Jenssen also repeated the message that it is up to Ukraine to determine
the conditions for peace negotiations, but the statement is still
"totally unacceptable", according to a statement from Ukraine's Ministry
of Foreign Affairs.
The vehicle exhibited in Moscow. Alexander Zemlianichenko / AP
The Russian Invasion|The Battles
Russia has seized a Swedish combat vehicle
For the first time, Russia has seized a Swedish-made combat vehicle, DN reports.
It is a CV90, within the Armed Forces called Stridsfordon 90, which is now on display in the Patriot Park in Moscow.
The vehicle has been shown at fairs and sold to many NATO countries, so there are no major defense secrets being revealed, says lieutenant colonel Johan Huovinen.
On the other hand, the Russians can now inspect the vehicle's weaknesses and perhaps copy its parts - but it could take years, says Huovinen, who assesses that the seizure mainly serves a propaganda purpose.
- The Russians have had a taste of it and they now have the opportunity to squeeze what we have.
The armed forces do not want to comment on the seizure.
SKF's factory in Ukraine hit by Russian robot
The Swedish industrial company SKF's factory in Lutsk in western Ukraine has been hit in a Russian attack during the night and three employees have died, reports the Gothenburg Post.
- We are very sorry. Our thoughts go out to them, their families, friends and colleagues, says SKF's press manager Carl Bjernstam.
Ukrainian media reports that Tuesday night's attack is the largest against the Lviv region since the start of the war.
Defense Minister Pål Jonson (M) holds a press conference about a new support package for Ukraine. Stefan Jerrevång/TT
The Russian invasion. The outside world's response
Sweden sends new billions in aid to Ukraine
The government proposes a new military support package for Ukraine worth SEK 3.4 billion. Minister of Defense Pål Jonson (M) announced this at a press conference.
- The Ukrainians have signaled to us that they have a great need for new support packages, above all ammunition and spare parts, says Jonson according to TT.
Sweden has so far sent defense material to Ukraine for a total of almost SEK 17 billion.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar