Three of the US soldiers have been found dead in Lithuania
Three of the four missing US soldiers in Lithuania have been found dead, the US army announced according to AFP.
“The search for the fourth soldier is still ongoing,” it said in a statement.
The bodies of the soldiers were found when their vehicle was recovered from a swamp this afternoon, after a six-day search.
They were taking part in an exercise outside the small town of Pabrade, near the border with Belarus, when they were reported missing on Tuesday morning.
The water, mud and marshland have complicated the effort to recover the 70-ton armored vehicle.
The ship attacks
Trump: The Houthis have the worst pain ahead
Donald Trump issues a stark warning to the Houthi movement in Yemen in a new post on Truth Social.
He writes that the leadership of the Iran-backed militia has been “decimated by incessant attacks” over the past two weeks.
“Stop shelling American ships, and we will stop shelling you. Otherwise, we have only just begun, and the real pain is still waiting for the Houthis and their sponsors in Iran,” he writes.
Late Monday night, the Houthis announced that the United States had carried out airstrikes on the capital Sanaa, and that at least one person had been killed.
Earthquake alert in Japan
Japan: Expected mega-earthquake could claim 300,000 lives
The expected “mega-earthquake” that has an 80 percent chance of occurring off Japan’s Pacific coast sooner or later could claim up to 300,000 lives. This is the assessment of the Japanese government in a recent report according to Reuters.
The earthquake is expected to occur in the deep-sea Nankai Trench, which runs along 900 kilometers of the seabed just south of Japan’s largest island, Honshu. There, the Eurasian continental plate is being pushed against the Philippine plate, and the resulting tension is expected to result in an earthquake of magnitude 8 to 9.
In the worst-case scenario, the quake could cause catastrophic tsunami waves, hundreds of building collapses and costs equivalent to almost 20,000 billion kronor, according to the calculation.
The war in Sudan
RSF says no to talks: “Speaking the language of weapons”
The paramilitary group RSF leader Mohammed Hamdan Daglo has admitted for the first time that it has withdrawn from the Sudanese capital Khartoum, reports AFP.
The statement was reportedly made in a post on social media, a couple of days after government forces declared the capital “liberated”. The city had then been in RSF hands since the outbreak of the war almost two years ago.
Mohammed Hamdan Daglo, however, denies all reports that it is negotiating a ceasefire with the government.
– We have neither an agreement nor any discussions with them – the only language we speak is that of weapons.
Representatives of the government forces have previously said that they “will neither forgive, compromise, nor negotiate” with RSF.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar