lördag 19 oktober 2024

"Gonna take the damn domes over your head"

 

The US presidential election

Trump's warning: "He knows I'm fucking crazy"

John Edgar

Updated 00.22 | Published 00.13

Donald Trump under ett valmöte på fredagen.
Donald Trump during a campaign rally on Friday. Photo: AP
He gets China's respect because he is "damn crazy".

And he can attack Putin in the middle of Moscow even though it is "a friend".

- I told him: I will take the damn domes over your head, says Donald Trump.

The former president has met with the Wall Street Journal editorial board for a confident conversation about what the United States — and the world — looks like with him back in power.

Trump has repeatedly said that the war in Ukraine would never have happened if he were president - and almost as many times said that he can resolve the conflict "in 24 hours".

Strike in Moscow

In the interview with the WSJ, he publishes the text of his conversations with Putin during his time in the White House.

- I said to Putin: "Vladimir, we have a great relationship". I got on well with him, he says.

- I said: "Vladimir, if you surrender to Ukraine, I will strike at you so hard that you will not understand what is happening." I will strike you in the middle of bloody Moscow” I said.

- "We are friends, I don't want to do it, but I have no alternative".

- "You will be attacked so hard and I will take the damn domes over your head". You know, he lives under the domes.

According to legendary Watergate journalist Bob Woodward's new book "War", Trump has spoken with Putin up to seven times since he lost the 2020 election. The ex-president does not comment on that information in the interview with the WSJ.
Vasilijkatedralen med lökkupolerna vid Röda torget i Moskva.
Basil's Cathedral with onion domes on Red Square in Moscow. Photo: AP

"I'm fucking crazy"

He talks all the more about China - and even there he claims to be on friendly terms with one of the US's enemies.

Trump is being asked how to convince Chinese President Xi Jinping to refrain from a blockade of Taiwan.

- Oh, it's easy. I had a very strong relationship with him. He was actually a very good, I won't say friend, I don't want to say something stupid - "He was my friend" - but we got along very well, Trump told the WSJ.

After an exposition about Syria and Xi Jinping's poker face, he returns to the issue and says that he would threaten China with high punitive tariffs if they "go into Taiwan".

Trump is asked if he would use US troops against a Chinese blockade of Taiwan.

- I wouldn't need it, because he respects me and knows I'm fucking crazy, he replies.
Trump berättar i intervjun hur han tänker hantera Ryssland och Kina.
Trump tells in the interview how he intends to deal with Russia and China. Photo: AP

Criticized after the statement

The former president's statements about deploying the military against the "enemy within" have received a lot of attention and were heavily criticized by Kamala Harris and the Democrats.

It was in an interview with Fox News that Trump was asked if he believes in chaos during election day and that "Joe Biden said he does not believe in a calm election day".

He replied:

- He doesn't know what's going on, honestly. He spends most of his days sleeping. I think the big problem is the enemy from within. We have some very bad people. We have some sick people. Radical leftist lunatics. And I think they could very easily be handled by the National Guard or, if really needed, the military, because they can't let that happen.

           1 / 2Photo: AP

"Poor guy from CNN"

In the WSJ, he elaborates and says that it was never about deploying the military against political opponents, but against possible riots in the streets.

He exemplifies painting with the Black Lives Matter protests in Minneapolis after the murder of George Floyd, which the then president seems to have followed on his favorite hate object CNN.

- And when you look over the shoulder of the poor guy from CNN, the poor, stupid reporter who stands there and says "It looks like a peaceful demonstration" and then gets hit on the leg with a rock. Behind him the whole city is burning. It looked like World War II in Berlin and he's trying to say it's peaceful," Trump said.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar