måndag 27 juli 2026

Knife attack in Paris – man arrested

  
Here is the man running around with a knife on the streets of Paris. Photo: X

A man ran around the streets of Paris with a kitchen knife in each hand.

Then he attacked several women.

– It was Allah who commanded me, the man says in a video on social media as several people held him down.

Three women aged 19, 24 and 36 were taken to hospital after the attack that occurred near Porte de Clichy in northwestern Paris. Two of them have serious injuries. One of the injured is pregnant.

Passers-by pushed the perpetrator to the ground and an off-duty police officer arrested him, Interior Minister Laurent Nunez told reporters according to Reuters.

Nunez says the motive for the attack, which took place at lunchtime, is unknown.

The mayor of Paris' 17th arrondissement also praised those who stopped the perpetrator.

"I want to pay tribute to the calmness, courage and quick action of an off-duty police officer and of passersby," he wrote on X.

Stopped by suitcase

Mohamed-Ali Bouhadjar, 26, is one of those who saw the man with the knives and took action.

- When I saw him stabbing a woman in the back, I started shouting: 'Come on, we'll stop him!' Several people intervened, he told Reuters.

- A person threw a suitcase at him. He dropped the knives. Then I grabbed him, pulled his legs away and we pushed him to the ground, he continues

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar